About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sulam kerawang ayak@goyang dijahit manik


Sulam kerawang ayak@goyang dijahit manic (beads and embroideries)
Beadings and embroideries work so well together. These two complement each other so well like they were meant to be. Embroideries are best applied to fabric such as hand woven silk, Thai silk, China silk and raw silk. As soon as beads are added, that piece will be transformed into a 3 dimension..
I am using an ordinary Singer sewing machine to work on my embroideries and only work purely with rayon embroidery threads on both sides (top and bottom stitching) of the stitching. I know for a fact that some people choose to use a cheaper edging thread for the bottom, but I do not want to compromise on the quality and the end result.


sulam kerawang atas fabrik Tenun Pahang
bahagian depan kebaya labuh
Tenun Pahang memang sesuai untuk sulam kerawang..

Sulam kerawang bermanik sangat sesuai dijahit pada baju  kebaya atau kurung Pahang/Riau..selalunya dihujung lengan/baju..terutama skali jika fabrik tersebut tiada corak/kosong...
Warna benang sulam serta manik akan mengikut warna/corak kain yang dipadankan agar kelihatan anggun...




No comments:

Post a Comment