About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kek Lapis Pandan (Ever Green Layer cakes) for sale.....

Kek Lapis Pandan (Ever Green Layer cake)
Teacher’s Day has just been celebrated…so I like to take this opportunity to wish all teachers, present and past a Happy Teacher’s Day. May you be dedicated, caring, motivated and continue to strive for the best. I remember back when I was growing up in primary school, Teacher’s Day will go by just like any other day (plain meaningless except for a chance to do NOTHING at school). And as I went on to primary school, Teacher’s Day was deemed BORING……I was simply looking forward on skipping school if opportunity arises. You see….I was a rather anti-establishment type of person back then, but now I am totally a different person. All hail teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!... I do feel bad for past teachers who did not get to enjoy the same perks as their present comraderies do.
Today, Teacher’s Day is marked by all sorts of events, broadcast live on t.v. with speeches by DPM while every school will hold a special celebration and a lot of gifts exchange hands as a form of appreciation.  For the have-nots, a simple token…..for others with money is no object…well I leave it to your imaginations.
I, on the other hand (the in between group of parents) prefer the personnel approach. I rather give something that is made by me or have my personnel touch in it. So this year and the year before I gave Sarawak Layer cakes (last year it was Plain layer cake and this year Ever Green layer cake). So today I am posting the pictures of that Pandan layer cake (Ever Green layer cake) that I made for my son’s teachers. I hope they enjoy eating them as much as I enjoy baking them…..






No comments:

Post a Comment