About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Special dedication to fellow beaders & bead lovers

A special dedication to my fellow beaders & bead lovers out there…

The art of beadings has been around for centuries, long before our forefathers were even born. It was common in every nook and crannies encompassing all continents. Historically, beadings have also been proven to be common in most cultures. I would not be the least surprised if our influence actually came from India.

For me personally, when I am beading … I am somehow transcended. It becomes my way of life (well at least the last 16 years or so) and I get tremendous joy in collecting beads which in turn become an art work. The monetary gain is like putting icing on the cake. I feel time stood still when I am beading. Some of my friends could not comprehend the idea of me staying home for weeks on end, just beading

Naturally, for most people, beadings look like a simple task but I beg to differ. Here are the things that will go along with beadings:-
  1.         The amount of time required to complete a task
  2.    The endless amount of passion and sense of creativity
  3.         The enormous amount of patience needed to do the best job
  4.        The  limitless ability to be on top of things related to beadings
  5.       The abundance of perseverance to stay focus while on a job
  6.        The capability to revive old ideas into new
I hope these help you appreciate the effort we put into beadings. Please enjoy the images accompanied below showing the use of assorted sequins & seed beads on baju kurung moden and feel free to drop me a line or two..…





No comments:

Post a Comment