About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Acrylic/Plastic beads....

Acrylic Beads….
Today I am posting about another type of beads that is an economical option for the budget conscious bead lovers, still capable of accessorising.. the Acrylic beads. These beads are also termed as Plastic beads which look like glass. These beads are popular mainly because of its eye-catching beauty, they are versatile, durable/impact resistant, and extremely light, and on top of that have gorgeous shapes, high in quality as well as glittery.
There are still many more types beads used all over the world; I am just naming a few here:
  • Alphabet beads
  • Bone beads
  • Brass beads
  • Ceramic beads
  • Coconut beads
  • Fancy glass beads
  • Kashmiri beads
  • Painted Clay beads
  • Metal beads
  • Pearl beads
  • Semi precious stone beads
  • Fossil stone beads
Beads were first used as ornaments to certain tribes, a form of currency, for barter trading, to perform religious ceremony, a status symbol, and a way to show craftsmanship as well as a recreational activity. Presently, beads are used to accessories our apparel, as costume jewelery, as decoration and as handicraft.

acrylic beads combine with seed beads

very light-weight

an eye-catching beauty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment