About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

How to make sourdough pancakes

Here's how to make those fluffy pancakes....

1. Make the starter............. 
You need to culture the starter by adding 1 cup of plain flour with 1 cup of water, mix them in a plastic bowl. Cover it, leave it for 24hrs then add 1 cup flour and 1 cup water. Cover, leave it again for another 24hrs.. Repeat for 2 more times until it looks foamy and smells sour....... 

after 2-3 days
after 4-5 days, smells sour a bit....
the batter/mixture ready for the pan...
2. Now you are ready to make the pancakes batter/mixture.... 

The ingredients are:-
    1 egg, 2tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cooking oil. Mix them well..
    Add 1 cup starter, 3 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp warm water.. The mixture should be thick and bubbly..

3. Ready to cook....

I will show you how to properly cook the perfect pancakes.... Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment