About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding season (musim perkahwinan).......

Season of the bride (musim perkahwinan)………..
It is customary to give gifts during the engagement which will later be used for the wedding ceremony. Among the most common gifts are the delicate expensive beaded chiffon fabric to turn into the wedding dress (pakaian pengantin), this way the future bride and groom can save money for something else like their honeymoon or other things to start their new life.
I made this peach orangey heavily chiffon fabric into an engagement dress (baju bertunang) for a Cik Ela sometime late last year. She did not come to see personally but sent her fabric and a sample through a family member to me. And that was the last time I hear about her since she is currently working in K.L until just a couple of weeks ago when I finally able to put the face to the name...







So, here’s what happened… cut the long story short. She sent her white silvery beaded chiffon fabric to a tailor in K.L and gave my work as sample to follow. Little did she know that it did not turn out to be same as mine unfortunately and nothing fits her…. The size was like two sizes too big to fit this petite lady (poor girl disappears in it), the quality of stitching is far out by miles and basically she is not pleased. So….she brought the two baju kurung moden back to me, asking if I can salvage her wedding dress to resemble her original engagement dress and makes it fits her like a glove. And that’s exactly what I did and exactly what I promise to deliver. In the end it works well for her and now she can give out her infectious broad smile during her important day. It makes all my hard works worth every bit when I can help someone to realize her wedding dream… Just another day at the office….. A happy ending from what could easily have been a disastrous chain of events…








No comments:

Post a Comment