About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

Japanese Seed Beads Galore....

More Seed Beads Galore
Some fashion designers would say “Less is More” but in beads terminology “Much Much More is More”, how else will you get the Bling-Bling effect.. In general some designs just needed a lot more beads than others, thus it is always safe to do a little bit more but never going over-board. I should point out that once you are into bead works, you can never turn back to plain-Jane anymore. In many cases you tend to need more and more beads as you become comfortable wearing your outfits with beads.
Japanese seed beads



bead works on a coral blue fabric
The images I am postings show usage of Japanese Miyuki seed beads, glass beads, crow beads and sequins. I love these Japanese Miyuki beads mainly because they are very consistent in size, more uniform, perfect finishing shape and very easy to use for beginners. There are three main brand names in Japanese seed beads, and they are Miyuki (my favourite), Matsuno and Toho. All are readily available locally.



No comments:

Post a Comment