About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

To bead...... or not to bead? Shin's stunning vanity fair.........

To bead or not to bead?……. That is the question….
Days like these are constant companion to me. It is a reminder that you cannot escape from the unfortunate state of emptiness, plain laziness and nothingness…It is what it is. Anyway, what I normally do is just let nature runs its course, which usually won’t last very long, thank God. In the mean time I usually reach for the t.v remote control for some couch potatoes session.. No worries.

But when that beading karma is in the air, with torrents of possibilities, then I am back in business baby…. I would start ransacking bottles upon bottles of beads from my cupboard full of them, spread them on the entire table and begin the eliminating process. Choosing the right colours for a specific pattern to compliment the end result can be tricky at times. That is why I take longer time in reaching that goal than accomplishing it. Patience is the virtue of course, don’t second guess yourself, just listen to your instinct, stay focus and always, always be willing to change course should you feel unhappy with the outcome of your design.

Now take a look at my latest bead works, which took twice the time needed just because I was in that state of to bead or not to bead, what a limbo........... I do hope Shin will love it, fingers crossed. Subsequently, I am on to her 7th piece now, which is due 14th of July, for the upcoming Sultan of Terengganu’s birthday. What is installed for me next, I wonder…….
what a beauty.....

so luscious.....


can't take my eyes off you...




No comments:

Post a Comment