About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What will be, will be, sublimely pink Kurung Moden crepe.....

Sublime beauty of pink crepe….what was meant to be, to be……..
I was eager to start work on this awesome pink crepe as soon as the baju kurung moden is ready. Everything about the fabric, the pink palette and the design on the fabric is just spot on, like it was meant to be…….


First thing I did was emphasized on the neck area, the whole two and a half inches of its width with a elaborate floral arrangement, finishing it with the matching pearls, sequins, crystals and beads. This time I did use a lot of floral cup sequins accompanied with white pearls. Once that is accomplished, I went on to the sleeves elatedly. Last but not least, I did the existing pattern on the fabric to merge the two.




A week and a half passed, I stitched the last pearl and seconds later have it sent via Poslaju. On the following day I received a call from Shin, wanting to make another piece but this time I am facing a very tight schedule that cannot be compromised. We are talking about three days to turn a fabric into a baju kurung, embroidery and beads are merely impossible in slow season, let alone in Raya season. So sadly to say, I politely had to turn down the offer and apologized profusely but agreed to so if time is on my side. The Raya countdown has started you see and I am torn between my loyal customer and my Raya customers. I chose the latter…. What can I do, especially when both my hands are tied behind my back.  Win some.. lose some… that’s the philosophy I am holding on to.


No comments:

Post a Comment