About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

The case of black & white mini kurung Vs Swavoroski crystals.......

The case of Black & White………..
I know now that not everything in life is in black and white…except….in the case of Shin’s mini kurung moden (sutera Terengganu), which then catapults into a case of either my way or take the highway. Apparently, that mini kurung moden is a uniform and with it comes specific rules on beading. I received the parcel with just the dress and was missing one key piece of memo…the guidelines on beading works. Anyway, Shin called soon after and briefed me on the to-dos or rather not-to-dos… But, I somehow misinterpreted or may be misunderstood that spoken memo, and went on to what I usually do best… I was on the right path using black, white, silver and grey colour palette…but I missed the mark by a mile when I added Swavoroski crystals (it’s a big NO-NO). I am supposed to only use pearls, beads and sequins.
Thinking that my castle my rule would apply and so the black & white mini kurung has now transformed into a magnificent piece (I do say so myself) that will surely out-shine, out-stage, out-stunningly outrage everybody else at that event. What can I say? Some things are mean for greatness…and this is the piece destine for mankind’s ultimate greatness!!! So I thought….. but boy am I so wrong!!!! Soon I learned that failure to comply is unacceptable in this black & white case…
with swavoroski crystals



 

So when Shin came over, she immediately saw the crystals and instructed me to remove them out of the picture… Ahh well… win some, lose some…you can never win them all…right?. Removing the crystals sound simple enough, but when they are interconnected with one another, totally different ball game altogether. I need more time removing them then putting them on the first place… But customers always right attitude makes me forget about the hours sitting on my gluteus maximux and until the last crystal was gone. Hence I am posting the with-swavoroski and the without-swavoroski pictures for you guys to see. Enjoy…while I am off to the post office…. Post Laju here I come!!!!!!
without swavoraski crystals....

pearls replaced the crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment