About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby pink crumblelitous and matching shawl.....

Datin Liza’s baby pink crumble……
Here is a story behind today’s entry…. I received urgent orders from Datin Liza just one(1) day before I left for Johor… 1 plain Thai silk with chiffon shawl and 1 Indian saree with matching chiffon shawl as well…. Delivery date? Guess?  Well….6 days 20 hours later to be exact... YES!!!!!!! For both… not just one but two, and complete with embroideries (sulaman ayak kerawang), beading works on the outfit and on the two matching shawls. I was panicking like a mad bull. Lucky for me I have a good supporting team (experienced tailors) behind my back and as soon as I walked into the house from the trip.. I went straight to the embroidery machine to work on the Thai silk baju kurung Pahang.. No time wasted, no words uttered and no looking back… It was go,go,go and go. Fast forward 6 days later, I pulled the breaks, started breathing again and  then gave myself a big pad on the back….. YUP!!!! Huge smile was rewarded when Datin Liza saw the two pieces right on the dot.. And so the next morning I was off to Putrajaya and she was off to was it Ipoh or Penang,I forgot…. Some people work well under pressure (that would be your's truly) and rise to the occasion while others will simply crumble /frozen….Some even flat out refuse to even try to....
However, today I am showing off the baby pink Indian saree that was turned into baju kurung moden, crumble style beading on the outfit and simple bead works on the matching chiffon shawl. I haven’t got the chance to upload the pictures on the Thai baju kurung yet and promise to so in due time. To be continued...................


bead works on both sleeve and bottom part of baju


a glimpse of the matching shawl


No comments:

Post a Comment