About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

The diary of a Beaderholic......

The diary of a Beaderholic………
As of right at this very moment, my entire household has all but one gone to dreamland and back and off to new once… In fact my entire neighbourhood has died down with the level of noise emission is at the very bottom of a reading, all I hear is distant sound of vehicles passing by and faded away soon after. What a bless to have this window of opportunity to be able to soak in the ambient and simply go with the flow.
Times like this is rare and far in between, so I usually would grab my beloved  ASUS either to catch up with FB or just cruising along the net. Tonight though, I have chosen to write my journal. My entry goes like this…
Date: June 20 2011, Monday
Morning: sent my son to school, drop by the bank to make a withdrawal, and went to the market and back. Had breakfast, took my meds, prep the groceries…
Mid morning: contractors came to continue with water-proofing upstairs bathroom and left soon after with the house looking like a battle field, cooked lunch, cleaned up the house and owner followed suit, got ready to work (Mdm Shin’s 4th piece Terengganu crepe kurung modern bead works)…
Afternoon: still at work (beading while listening to BBC news this time), made/received calls, continued working until my gluteus maximus felt numb from hours of sitting down, my deltoids and trapezoids were in serious agony from non-stop beading while looking down hours on end…must press on..
Evening: R&R (recharge & refuel), catching up time in fast forward mode, back to work, had dinner, much needed coffee, reviewing my latest acquisition of beads in awe (from my last visit to KL)..…
Night: attempted to clean my work station from previous beading work, hated this part of the job…, still cleaning my work area, gave up and decided to watch movie on line instead.. called my sis and her hubby to come over, plugged-in HDMI and so we watched Children of Men... The family went to bed, worked a bit more but decided to continue on Mdm Shin’s tomorrow after dentist appointment… Let’s  call it a night…………..

There!!!!!! Honest to goodness, I say it’s the most fun day I’ve had in a long time. Typically, I would get customers coming and going, running out of the house to received parcels from Poslaju , answering calls and chasing after my tailors, swapping delivery schedule, checking/updating my blog,  so on so forth in between the chaos…… You see some people have to join a gym/yoga classes while I get to be home and stay active all day long… What a wonderful feeling.


this is just a tip of the iceberg

reuse every single clear glass jar


empty bottles are becoming a rare commodity in my household



No comments:

Post a Comment