About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My pink lady of the South China Sea..........

Ms Pink Lady  n Ms Washington Red debut………..
Into the second week of Ramadhan, my spirit is running high and my speed is still going steady. But any day now…I will be experiencing the inevitable state of panic when Shawal is drawing closer. Year after year, there will be a last minute rush to the finish line with adrenaline pumping high and Déjà vu all over again….. When will I learn not to bite off more than I can chew? I guess, never!!!!!
I am dedicating today’s posting to my faithful customer Pn Zila of TLDM Tg Gelang on her third piece, acquired while travelling to Vietnam not too long ago. The pink colour palette reminds me of the delicious pink lady apple I love so much (pink with a hint of yellow) and since Tg Gelang is facing the South China Sea, hence the title above………
She wanted something elegance with a strong statement vibe and so I immediately thought of the following beading works for this petite lady.  Since the fabric is plain, there is no need to go over-board suffice to say that less is more works well this time.






A week earlier she sent me a deep blood red or should I say a Washington Red apple (Red Delicious variety to be more specific) satin fabric from her endeavor to Indonesia. Fasting month makes me think of fruits a lot, especially apples cos they are so juicy and can quench my thirst. Anyway, the fabric came ready with silvery lace embroideries on the front and sleeve, so it is a no-brainer… Nonetheless it turned out unexpectedly beautiful in an instant… See for yourself.





And now three down with two more to go… Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment