About My blog

Mai Style is about my passion for bead works (jahitan manik), embroideries (sulaman ayak, sulaman ayak kerawang) and confectioneries (kek, roti, dll). For more info contact me at my email add mai_shopgirl@yahoo.com, my facebook or my facebook fan page.

Search Post on This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happily ever faster...........(manik di hujung tangan)


A juxtaposition of patterns and colours……….
I received tremendous request for beading on the sleeves this time of the year. I do enjoy making them as I am able to complete the task in the shortest time and can reduce my workloads drastically. But after a while, your body is telling you to stop but your mind is telling you to keep going. It’s just that it can be monotonous after a while, so I quickly remind myself that it’s mind over matter!!!!!!!! Get it done and move on to the next, and the next and the next. Until the pile gets lower and lower.
Mind you, it is not just a juxtaposition of patterns but of colours as well that make up a beading work a success. No matter how little or how a lot each piece can be. Hence, subtlety and modesty with a hint of harmony can bring the work to a whole new level altogether. That is why I have to be on my toes and be ever ready to pull any tricks up my sleeves whenever necessary. 








My thousand thanks to Kak Zaiton of Pekan, Pahang for sending 3 pieces for beading. Just like the previous year and the year before that. 

1 comment: